Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Forever Grateful

        I cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for the people who spent a little portion of their day with me, and to those who took the time to wish me a wonderful birthday. Each one of  you has made an impression on my heart and that will last forever. You all have played some role in my life and have taught me, sowed into my life, watched me grow to the woman I am today, and have given countless advice. I am forever grateful for each one of you. 

         This year has had some ups and some downs, but what would like be like if it was a straight line? Would we need each other to get through the tough times? I doubt it. Would we need each other to celebrate the good times? Probably not. Life would just be so dull without the struggles, the joys, the hurts, the excitement. I wouldn't want a life like that. Its exciting to see the people I love have joy and good times, and its sad to see them go through the tough times. But what I have learned through everything I have been through, is that no matter what, there is always something there with you to help you get through it. 

      So as I close out my birthday, I am sitting with a heart full of gratitude. Thank you to those who have pushed me to never give up. Thank you to those who have loved me through my worst times. Thank you to those who have shared my happy moments. Thank you to my family for always loving me. Thank you to my friends who have shown what true compassion is. Thank you to my church family for letting me be me and loving me through my flaws. Thank you to my parents for raising me to be the woman I am today. Thank you to my sisters for examples you have put forth for me. Thank you to my pastors for never giving up hope for me. Thank you to my life recovery friends and my step group ladies, you all have inspired me to keep going and keep working on me. Thank you to the friends that aren't so close anymore. Thank you to those who are to come. 

       I pray this next year I become more of the woman God created me to be and to show the love of Christ like I never have before.

No comments:

Post a Comment